East Missoula
Rural Fire Department

When do I need a burn permit?

For any fire other than warming fires less than 3 feet in diameter, any time open burning is allowed in Missoula County. Permits are generally required for agricultural burning and any large slash piles. A warming fire is considered any fire used for warming or cooking purposes smaller than 3 feet in diameter and a permit is not required in these cases.

About Us

Learn about our past and our community.

Learn More

Get Involved

Click here for volunteer opportunities.

Learn More


Still have questions? We've got answers.

Learn More